By popular demand… This is my weekly Sunday treat for Josh and I…. a morning where I get to eat solid food.. haha I do have a smoothie every morning for breakfast and I love my pancakes on a Sunday- which we have with a smoothie but you get the idea!
Here is my tried and tested recipe:
210 grams of self raising gluten free flour (like Dove’s farm)
1 scoop of Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
100-200ml of Rice Milk
2-3 teaspoons of Coconut Oil
Desert spoon of ground flaxseeds (Linwoods are a good brand) You can also add fine Porridge Oats
Pinch of salt
Optional: Stevia Vanilla drops
Lemon and sugar or lemon curd for topping or if having a treat day go for Nutella and banana
1. Weigh out your 210g of g/f four
2. Sieve flour, Juice Plus Complete powder and salt into a mixing bowl
3. Add one egg
4. Then mix and fold in the milk as needed.
If you like a fat, chubby pancake go for a thick mix. If you like them more crepe like, add more milk.
5. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil into batter together with a desert spoon of ground flaxseeds
6. Heat coconut oil in pan (once pan hot turn to medium heat as coconut oil smokes quickly)
7. Ensure pancakes are cooked through and coconut oil makes them crispy on edges
8. Serve with lemon curd, squeezed fresh lemon and brown sugar or naughty Nutella.
One happy family Sunday breakfast or perfect for Pancake Tuesday! Would love to hear your comments below on this one!