It’s Pancake Tuesday!! And a perfect day to enjoy carbs for a higher carb day.
I found this recipe on MOMables.com and have made it a few times now with great success. There are a few ways to swap out some ingredients but the important elements are there.
Serves: 10-12 4″ Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey or vanilla stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or use a few drops of vanilla stevia or Vanilla protein powder.
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce (or a mashed banana or cup of butternut squash)
- 1 cup rice or almond milk
- Coconut oil or vegan butter to cook
- Add coconut oil or vegan butter to a flat pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest ¼ cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- Spoon or ladel the batter onto the pan, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, and serve.
Not all gluten free all purpose flours are the same. For this recipe, we’ve tried Doves Farm White Plain flour with the most success but Self Raising works too.