Make Your Own Tomato Pasta Sauce
Makes enough for 4
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes, clove of garlic, 1 onion, teaspoon Dried Mixed herbs, 200g Quorn Mince, 4-5 cup mushrooms and 1 green or red pepper
- 1 full packet of Gluten Free Spaghetti
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Saute onions and garlic in a deep frying pan with some olive oil, add Mixed herbs and/or fresh basil for 5 minutes until light brown, add tinned chopped tomatoes and 200g frozen Quorn mince.
- Boil a saucepan of water ready for pasta.
- Add diced mushrooms and green pepper. Simmer until mince is cooked and peppers are soft which is about 12-15 minutes.
- When water is boiling, add gluten free spaghetti, sprinkle of salt and dash of olive oil. Pasta is usually done in 10 minutes, take off heat and drain.
- When sauce is cooked, take sauce off heat and let it rest for 3-5 minutes then blend the sauce with a hand blender to make smoother and ‘hide the veggies’ for the family.
- Add grated cheese to taste for the family. Or for a vegan alternative add Nutritional yeast.
This is my own personal recipe that Josh tells me is his favourite family dinner. Please share it!
Let us know what you think about this recipe and if you like to know how we incorporate meal like these into our plans, click the link below.