Juice Plus+ is made from fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables, and is carefully tested to ensure that no pesticides or other contaminants affect the natural purity of the product. The fruits and vegetables are juiced, and the juices are then concentrated into powders using a proprietary drying process that carefully maintains temperatures at levels that preserve as much of the original nutrient quality as possible.
All Juice Plus+ products are manufactured in certified facilities under the most exacting industry standards and are 100% compliant with all applicable regulations for foods and supplements. To independently verify this fact, both the manufacturing facilities and the products themselves (Juice Plus+ Orchard and Garden Blend capsules and Juice Plus+ Vineyard Blend capsules) have been tested and certified by NSF International’s Good Manufacturing Practices programs and Product and Ingredient Certification programs.
NSF International is an independent, not-for-profit organization that helps protect consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water, dietary supplements and consumer goods. They have certified the Juice Plus+ products per NSF/ANSI Standard 173, the only accredited American National Standard for dietary supplements and functional foods. These requirements include:
- Product testing for contaminants and heavy metals
- Label and formulation review to verify that what’s on the label is in the bottle
- Manufacturing facility audits to ensure they operate using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
NSF conducts on going testing to ensure that NSF-certified products such as Juice Plus+ continue to meet their rigorous quality standards.
The many healthful benefits of Juice Plus+® have been demonstrated through numerous independent clinical research studies conducted in leading hospitals and universities by investigators in the United States, England, Australia, Austria, Italy, and Japan.
To date, Juice Plus+® clinical research has been published in peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals, including:
- Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- British Journal of Nutrition
- Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine
- Current Therapeutic Research
- Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (eCAM)
- Integrative Medicine
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition
- Journal of American College of Cardiology
- Journal of American College of Nutrition
- Journal of Clinical Periodontology
- Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Journal of Nutrition
- Molecular Nutrition & Food Research
- Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise
- Nutrition Journal
- Nutrition Research
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology
Watch this video to hear more about the production process: