With this glorious sunny weather I love to make salads and Josh and I are loving watermelon. In the interest of branching out and adding more fruit to my salad, I thought watermelon would be a good one to go with and I paired it with some kale as it is just so good for you and I feel I can never eat enough of it. Kale and Watermelon salad, this is definitely one of my favourite salads now.
Ingredients – Serves 4:
– 1 bunch/1 bag of kale
– 60g/2oz Feta cheese
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp cider vinegar
– Juice of half a lemon
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 10 pecans or walnuts, chopped
– A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
– 150g/1 cup watermelon, diced
How to make it
1) Roughly chop the kale and put it in a bowl with the olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper and mix well.
2) Add the feta, watermelon and nuts.
Nutritional Information – Per person