New Moon Meanings
Tonight, there is a New Moon in the Sky. And it is also a day to celebrate freedom.
Add to this that it’s Independence Day (for my US ladies) and the new moon is in Cancer and it is a great combination for being motivated toward your goals.
And I got this in my inbox today from Heatherash Amara of Warrior Goddess Training Book,
“Home is where one starts from. ~ T. S. Eliot
The new moon is a perfect time to plant new seeds and get clear on your intent. Today the new moon is in the sign of Cancer. This sign’s symbol is the crab which is all about the importance of home. The crab carries its home on its back, and is a reminder for us to learn to be at home within ourselves — and therefore wherever we are. I love the quote above, because it reminds us to find our true home.”
A new moon symbolizes beginnings when you review and revise old goals and set new one’s.
The meaning of a new moon is the opportunity to start anew and refresh your dreams and desires. It is a time of magic! Have any of your goals gone from bright to dim? Now is the time to support them with the new moon energy and it’s significance and symbolism.
For me, It is significant to have a new moon tonight. I have been feeling my energy towards my goals increase. I have felt more focused, more clear and more motivated. And I want to grab a hold of those energies to help me to succeed.
New Moon Energy can be powerful.
Tapping into this energy can support your dreams and desires. You can add to the significance by creating a simple ritual to set your intentions. Rituals do not have to be elaborate or follow any set procedure. They simply need to have meaning to you.
Here’s a simplistic way of creating A New Moon Ritual for yourself:
- Collect Items of Significance to the Goal you are creating or empowering ~ for me it’s always my journal as this is where my dreams come from my subconscious to my conscious or printing out calendars, clarifies my schedule and plans.
- Clear your Energy to get centered ~ Take a salt bath or space clear your energy with sage, or just do a big clear out!
- Get Grounded ~ connect with the elements of air, water, fire and earth. Light a candle, take your bath, walk in nature and practice your deep breathing.
- Set Your Intentions ~ declare to the new moon what your vision is ~ declare it boldly and with courage. I suggest writing them down and then speaking them loudly ~ by physically speaking them you symbolize your intention to manifest your goals.
- Do one Symbolic Act ~ burn them and blow them into the wind. Speak them outright and let the Universe carry them out into it’s ethers.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Express Gratitude ~ from your heart and your soul believe that this IS granted to you and express gratitude.
- Act ~ after your ritual or ceremony. Act. Take those steps forward toward your goal daily. You will be surprised by what transpires between now and the next Full Moon ~ a time of manifestation.
Do you create times to renew goals, rituals or ceremony for yourself? What one thing can you do tonight to refresh goals or make new one’s?