Some of us do not have the time, skill or inclination to cook every night.
Most healthy tips and recipes imply a desire or want to cook. But sometimes you are just too busy or too lazy to cook, so what do you do?
Here are some healthy choices without cooking skills:
1. Choose less processed packaged foods– you can choose prepackaged foods that have less preservatives, fat or junk. Look out for hydrogenated fats, artificial colours and processed sugars.
2. You can buy fresh pastas and sauces– simply boil the pasta and add a sauce, maybe toast some pine nuts, add some frozen vegetables like peas or mix with pesto.
3. Stir fry packs– get up to 2 of your 5 a day through buying prepared stir fry packs and noodles and a sauce. Try Quorn chicken pieces which have lower saturated fat and add some chicken flavour.
4. Eat food you can simply steam or throw in a saucepan. You can boil your rice in a bag, steam vegatables and bake some chicken.
5. Soup is always a good option, you can find some good fresh prepared soups.
So instead of cooking instant noodles or microwaving unhealthy processed meals in a box, you can eat healthy without preparing from scratch and without overspending.
Check out this site for more healthy no cook recipes