- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro/coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded (grated) cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh prepared salsa
- 1/2 table spoon olive oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine beans, onions, cheese, and salsa in a medium bowl.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with olive oil over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan and carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula; allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Cook 3 minutes; flip omelet. Spoon bean mixture onto half of omelet. Carefully loosen omelet with a spatula; fold in half. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Slide omelet onto a plate; cut in half.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 27%
Saturated fat: 2.3g
Monounsaturated fat: 1g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g