At Mummy Shape School we know how busy a mum’s life is. Juggling many tasks all at once so a 15 minute healthy dinner that the family will like is a winner! The definition of curry in a hurry, try this fragrant Thai spice-pot with chicken, green beans, basil and basmati rice
Cooking time: Takes 15 mins
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste (gluten free options available)
- 2 x 400g cans light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp brined green peppercorn, drained and rinsed
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- handful basil leaves
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 2 mins. Tip in the paste and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, then add the beans and chicken. Cook for 5 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Just before serving, add the basil leaves. Serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition per serving
Just one of the healthy family dinners you can enjoy in our plans and programmes here at Mummy Shape School. Find out more about our weightloss plans and programmes here in our shop.