This time of year is not always the best time to diet.
And honestly, I HATE the word diet. Not a fan of the word DETOX and don’t get me started on the word TONE.
But what is the most important thing you need to do is take back control. It’s a slippery slope. One glass leads to many. Sugary treats become a daily thing. And then there is dessert and double dessert and cream, lots of cream.
And lying around on the sofa, barely moving unless it’s to the fridge. Sound familiar?
So what I want you to focus on is not WEIGHT LOSS but on CONTROL.
By having a clear plan of action to eat more healthy food and move your body to build muscle.
When you focus on nourishing your body with good food and moving your body to build lean muscle, you are going to have a leaner, stronger and curvier body and you are going to feel amazing with a strong mindset.
Focusing on wanting to lose weight will ultimately result in lack of motivation and well, just frustration and even putting on everything you lose.
Diets alone are quite useless. That may sound like an overstatement, but it’s not. The truth is that regular exercise is essential to maintaining a trim and healthy physique. There is no way around it.
However, spending hours on end running on a treadmill, doing situps, or bench-pressing extraordinarily heavy weights doesn’t have to be part of the equation. In fact, it never should be. Make no mistake, exercise does take dedicated work on your part, but it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your time and energy.
My clients are always stunned at just how little they have to exercise to achieve real and lasting results. That’s the pleasant surprise I want you to experience.
According to a January 2015 story in U. S. News and World Report, nearly two-thirds of dieters regain the weight they’ve lost on a diet within the first year. That’s a lot of people, especially when you consider that roughly 45 million people will try a new diet every year, according to figures from Boston Medical Center. That’s a lot of time and energy being wasted, but the diet industry just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
I’m telling you these statistics, though, because I don’t want to mislead you, and I want you to know that I won’t push any miracle pills or programs your way. I want to tell you the truth. That begins with telling you why dieting is pointless. Aside from the misery of it all, your body simply isn’t programmed to respond to a diet in the way you’ve been told it will. Let me explain. Your body is always using energy to perform all manner of external and internal functions, even when you’re sleeping. This rate of energy use is called your basal metabolic rate.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
You gain energy from the food you eat in the form of calories, and this keeps your metabolic rate chugging along. If you eat more than you burn, your fat storage increases. Thus, the only way to make sure you’re expending more energy than you’re ingesting and storing is to increase your basal metabolic rate. The only way to increase your basal metabolic rate is to increase your lean muscle.
This is precisely why diets don’t work.
When you diet, you deprive yourself of food and energy, and in the short term, this means that you lose weight. However, this also means that you gradually lower your basal metabolic rate. When you’ve achieved the weight-loss results you were aiming for and you start eating normally again, your food and energy intake will far exceed your lowered basal metabolic rate, and all the weight will start piling on again. It’s an ugly and pointless cycle. Thus, the only way to truly lose weight and keep it off is to take a multitiered approach: First, you have to incorporate healthier foods into your diet that promote hormonal balance and reduce inflammation inside your body.
Second, you have to change your daily lifestyle to reduce stress and support positive growth. Finally, you have to exercise. That’s right, you have to exercise.
Through exercise, you will gain lean muscle, which will increase your basal metabolic rate. With this increase, you will gradually become a fat-burning machine, even when you’re not working out.
So taking back control in the form of healthy eating, lifting and support to get you there.
The guided group 28 day Warrior Goddess Programme.
What does it mean and how do you get involved?…
Although you will always have forever lifetime access I thought this might help you!
1. Start and end at the same time with other members of the circle- start date Monday 9th January
2. Send me your before photos (only to me to my email and can be dressed in workout wear or whatever works best for you) This is essential for accountability, for commitment to the programme and for your own ability to distance yourself from your body image and simply view the changes in your body in a positive way and be motivated by them. This moves you away from the numbers on the scale and focusing on changes in your body shape and lean muscle mass.
3. Check in daily in the FB group with what your food and exercise for the day to stay on track and encourage group support and input.
4. Follow the plan as best you can to achieve your results in taking back control and using the flexibility with your Wild Woman and Crazy Woman cards.
5. Submit your after photos and claim one of the 5 Completer Gifts and enjoy your ‘mantle of honour’ this amazing necklace which will be awarded to 5 ladies who share their transformation story.
Need a boost?
Perhaps you have access to the programme for a while now and just feel unmotivated or need that extra bit of customisation and accountability.
I have now created the Bootcamp Boost.
Get all the benefits of my Online Group Bootcamp programme for just 28 days to ensure your own success.
– A one time phone or Skype consult with wellness questionnaire to identify and overcome challenges,
– A bespoke calculated macro plan to outline your own nutritional needs to build lean muscle whilst shedding fat in those problem areas and create an approach with essential advice to get you to reach your body and lifestyle goals
– Daily email checkins for your food and exercise journal sent to me to ensure you stay on track
And this can be purchased before the 9th January for just £50 and can be used for any 28 day period.
Simply click this link >> http://www.lisabarwise.com/…/28-day-warrior-goddess-body-b…/
If you have any questions about any part of the guided programme or the Bootcamp boost, email me back or message me on Facebook.
And I can’t wait to help you in taking back control (it’s gonna help me too) so we can kick start and kick the ass of 2017!!
Beautiful blessings to you,